Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Saturday 23 May 2009

Morning Dramas.

It was a morning of high drama as Romas set off to Guildford for an SK muster. First drama was half way up the lane when his phone battery slipped off his lap. It wasn't until we both got out and searched under the seats that it was found, having slipped to the rear foot well. Then when we got to the the station we couldn't get the ticket machine to hand over the tickets that had been booked so we gave up and went to the ticket counter and eventually the computer handed over Romas' tickets. Not wanting to embarrass my 19 year old by waving to him as the train left the station I bade him farewell and went off to see what it was like shopping in Sainsbury's at 7.30 in the morning. I didn't have my phone on me so it wasn't until I got home an hour later that I found out that Romas had left his student railcard at home and I was needed to bring it down to the station pronto. Luckily the card was easily found and I whizzed back down to the station where Romas had re-arranged his journey only now he would be arriving 2 1/2 hours late. He also re-arranged his lift from the station straight to the battle and was going to take up my suggestion to change into 17thC kit on the train to save time. I hope everything went OK.





After all that drama I decided to take advantage of the beautiful weather and spend some time reading outside. The day was so lovely I opted to declare today a 'holiday' and apart from cleaning up in the kitchen I've spent most of the day luxuriating in the sun, reading an easy read from the library and listening to the birds. A pair of swallows are absolutely determined to start nesting in the porch and if we leave the outside door open for even 5 minutes they're in the porch and even ventured into the kitchen much to the excitement of the cats. They've spent the whole afternoon swooping low over the front yard chittering crossly.


More of the summer flowers are making an appearance and there are aquiligias all over the place.

Hardy geraniums do well in these conditions and this white variety is one of 7 that already are showing flowers.



And here are a couple more.







Down by the pond the damsel flies are busy pairing up.



This good weather is supposed to last for at least one more day before the rain returns so I'm going back outside to enjoy the sunny evening before watching tv, (Primeval, Casualty & a disaster B movie).

2 comments:

Julie said...

Glad Romas made it okay!!! I hate forgetting my phone...

Those pics are gorgeous, I love how you take your everyday surroundings and find such beauty everywhere. Love it

Domestic Executive said...

Those pictures from your garden are wonderful. That last one in particular showing nature doing it's thing!

Sounds like you've got the right idea for the bank holiday weekend - relaxation!