Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Saturday 30 May 2009

The Butterflies Return.

I just love it when the first job of the day is to go around the house opening all the windows to let the fresh air in. Today has been another summer's day with lots of sunshine and a warm breeze. That's 4 good days so far. I managed to move a table into the dappled shade where I could see the screen of my lap top and I worked on e-profiles until the battery ran down.
This was where I spent most of the day being distracted by the numerous butterflies visiting the flowers in the scree garden.
The osteospermums love all this sunshine.





The aliums are attracting bees as well as butterflies.


Of course no sunny day can go by without one of Peter's barbecues- steak, new potatoes and salad today. Afterwards I held the bottom of the ladder while Romas painted the 2 upstairs windows above the porch. Just a couple of windows on the other side of the house left to do. It would be really good if the next 2 days are sunny before I have to go back to work again.

2 comments:

Domestic Executive said...

Ruta, that third picture is absolutely stunning. What wonderful weather you seem to be having. The complete opposite to us!

Catching the Magic said...

Mmmmm, perfect weather for working outside and wearing down the battery on the laptop - love it! Meanwhile... we're huddled up round the heater, but we're all now into the swing of winter and surprisingly highly spirited (apart from school drop offs in howling southerlies!). x