Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Thursday 28 May 2009

Constrasting Vegitation.

After a couple of hours bent over my lap top my brains were turning to mush so I decided to go for a walk up the hill. The air was wet as I walked into the cloud layer but it can't have been too thick as the light was still very bright. The cloud had lifted when I got up to the road so at least I wasn't getting wet. Everything is looking lush and green.
I heard the thunder of hooves on the other side of the hedge and met up with my neighbour taking a group of youngsters out for a ride. She told me that some fox cubs had been playing over at their place and if they saw them again she'd give me a ring so that I could try for some photos. That would be good.








A single bracken plant looks good under the trees.


Cow parsley has to be one of my favourite wild flowers with its frothy white flowers.





The wild garlic has now almost finished flowering.
Now in contrast some of the cliff plants from yesterday's walk.





Grasses blowing in the wind.



Not sure of the name of this flower, (my book is at school), but it's very sculptural.



And of course no cliff would be complete without thrift.




2 comments:

happyone said...

Always like looking at all your pictures. Wish I could transport myself over there and take a walk with you! :-)

Domestic Executive said...

A walk in the country and coast - I almost felt there. Just what I needed to blow the cobwebs away.