Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Sunday 31 May 2009

More Sun, More Flowers.

Yet another glorious sunny day but with a warm breeze, just perfect. At last I've finished the reports and tomorrow I'll proof read them to see that it all makes sense. It's a good thing we had this holiday or I would be working till late at night. It has been very pleasant sitting by the scree garden even if it was school work and not a book in front of me. I have given myself some reading time this holiday and have read and enjoyed 2 of the No1 Detective Agency books. The first of the iris is flowering. They are the only plants in the garden where I put slug pellets as the slugs and snails just love to munch their way through the leaves and flowers. Even so something has put a hole in one of the petals.
The wisteria is holding its own. I think the hot dry weather is making it harder for the snails to crawl up the wall to the flowers.

The pretty peach coloured azalea has started to open. Azaleas don't last for very long but they do put on a spectacular display.


The big alliums are starting to loose their colour but will keep their sculptural shapes until the wind bashes them to bits.
When I walked up the garden to collect my camera from my work table by the scree garden the sun tempted me further up the hill to talk to the ponies.

They both look very glossy, I expect many little hands have been busy with the grooming brushes.
I have been able to spend most of the day outside working, reading and going to the car boot sale and this evening Peter barbecued a selection of meat from the freezer. My men are such carnivores!

1 comment:

Catching the Magic said...

Fabulous photographs. Thank you so much for all these glorious summery photos and I'm so very pleased for you. I have spoken with my folks over the weekend and they've had the pleasure of my sister's company. They enjoyed a couple of lovely walks in the sunshine. Mmmmm, I can just imagine I'm there! x