Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Wednesday 6 May 2009

Velator - The Boats.

It's been another chilly day with the sun trying to make an appearance in the evening. In the afternoon I took the other half of my class out to sketch flowers in the secret garden. After school I drove Romas down to Braunton for a drum lesson. Two of his university places are conditional on him passing grade 5 theory and grade 7 or 8 practical so he needs to have some lessons to get him through the exams. While he was having his lesson I went over to Velator for a walk down by the River Caen.
It's the first time I've walked along this stretch of sea wall and I hadn't realised how many boats were moored there.




The marshes were carved into interesting curved shapes .








More pictures tomorrow.

3 comments:

SharpScott said...

With so many boats on dry land between the tide levels, is this done deliberately?

Ruta M. said...

The boats that were right out of the water and on top of the marsh seemed to be older boats. It's probably just somewhere to keep them. There is still some commercial fishing done from that area, mostly lobster pots and line fishing.

Domestic Executive said...

What a wonderful way to be able to spend what might otherwise been a time just hanging around. You got some great shots for the blog. Those boats look like they are used to being left hanging around!