Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Thursday 16 May 2013

Heavy Showers.

It's so much easier to get up when you look out of the window and see the sun shining. By the time I had washed my hair and got through the morning kitchen chores clouds had started to appear but I was still able to get on with some weeding in the garden. 
I had to leave a little earlier to get to the post office so I escaped the torrential rain from the ominous black cloud that had appeared. It was a very wet journey in but when I got to town it suddenly stopped. I called in to book the micra into the garage because it is still losing some water and there they were  wondering where the heavy rain was that had been mentioned in a radio weather warning. Later I heard that some places nearby had been bombarded by hail stones. 
The rain kept threatening during the afternoon and we cut our playtime short because it had started to get really heavy and none of the children had coats on. More severe rain as I drove home followed by a brief spell of bright sunshine. The forecast is for more of the same for the next few days.

No comments: