Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Tuesday 14 May 2013

Very Wet.

We have had mixed weather today, a choice of heavy rain or really heavy rain. It was too wet to work outside so this morning I did some boring housework stuff. On my way in to school I noticed that the car's temperature gauge was suddenly climbing and it was nearly into the red by the time I parked at school. That at least would explain the funny smell I had noticed yesterday as I was coming down into the valley. I had mentioned it to Peter (I know there's no reason why I can't check the oil and I should really do so regularly but I go all girly if I can get someone else to do it). Peter turned the engine on and checked underneath for any oil leak but assured me there wasn't a problem with the oil. Of course I didn't think to check the water which was the actual problem. Having nearly always driven older cars I do keep a bottle of water in the car but I waited until after school to pour in some water. That got me soaking wet and by the time I had driven a mile the temp was rising again. I stopped at Burridge and poured in the rest of the litre but it wasn't enough - oops. I stopped in Shirwell outside what used to be the village shop and garage to ask for more water when I noticed an outside tap so I was able to pour in another litre! of water and fill my bottle in case I needed more. It was too wet to see if any water was leaking out but I'll check it again tomorrow and if there's a problem it can go into our friendly local garage. One of the headlights must have a loose wire because apparently it sometimes dims and then comes back on again and the tracking needs a bit of adjusting as well.

It's been too wet and gloomy to take any pictures today so here is yet one more from Hugh Town on St Martin's.

No comments: