Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Friday 17 May 2013

No Showers.

The good weather has stayed, hooray! I started weeding in the morning thinking to stop when the predicted showers arrived and was still weeding when Peter came home from work.
That did of course include morning coffee and a 2 hour lunch break sitting outside in the sun. The cows in the field behind the house were lying down which should mean rain or maybe they were sunbathing in the unexpected warmth. It was quiet at home with few cars going to the stables. I guess they are all at the Devon County Show. They usually show some of the ponies and enter riding classes as well.
I did hear the familiar sound of jackdaw chicks coming from our loft and I've seen where they have found a way in past Romas' wire netting defences. I could also hear the sound of young crows, not from our loft thank goodness but from one of the big trees by the lake. They sound sound a bit like cats wailing. And that's been my quiet day at home.

No comments: