Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Monday 27 May 2013

Wet.

The rain arrived by lunchtime as promised. Typical Bank Holiday weather. Tempting as it was to have a lie-in I got up at a reasonable hour so that I could get some gardening done. The black clouds were rolling in but there were still moments of warmth so I opted to take off my fleece and suffer a few cold spells rather than keep it on and melt during the hot spells. At last I was able to make a start on tidying up the scree garden. There are not that many weeds but last year's leaves are still trapped under the stones and I do try and get rid of as much moss as possible. Some plants did not survive the cold wet summer followed by the long cold winter. It's a good thing that I planted up any stray seedlings that I found growing around the place as I don't wish to spend money on a garden that we'll be leaving in a few years time.
It is the Barnstaple Beer festival this weekend and once again Peter was helping behind the bar. Such a chore! I've just collected him from town and the rain is now coming down in earnest. (Last night's shipping forecast spoke of a deep low out in the Atlantic which will hold heavy rain here for the next few days.) Luckily before I sat down at the pc I went up and reinforced the dam across the road. I do feel sorry for all those people who are camping this weekend.

1 comment:

Harriet said...

The last Monday in May here in the states is a legal holiday...meaning Monday is no work for most people. It's called Memorial Day/Decoration Day for us oldsters...and comemorates our fallen soldiers. Since it's a 3 day holiday, people go camping. This year here in Michigan it was cool. This made me comment often....wonder how the campers are doing. Small world.