Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Saturday 18 May 2013

Staycation.

The other day when I was asked if I was going away on holiday I allowed myself a brief moment of self-pity (partly fuelled by the the fact that the questioner was quite aware that my salary is only a fraction of theirs) as I replied that our weekend on I.O.S. was our holiday for the year. But really on a day like today I'm content to be at home and enjoy our lovely surroundings.
My day started with breakfast of fresh coffee with oats, sunflower seeds and fresh blueberries. Energised I cracked on with the weeding and now I can say that most of the garden is more or less presentable.
By lunchtime it was nicely warm out of the breeze.
So I had a long lunch break reading in the sun and unwinding from the my morning efforts. Squeaky was quick enough to claim my seat once I roused myself to get on with the mowing. I was on the third lawn when Peter came home from rowing and offered to finish the mowing. That left me free to tackle my final gardening job of the day - clearing grass and leaves from the little pond. After that I had a much needed shower, pond mud is quite smelly!
Then once I'd done a little ironing I was free to enjoy the sun from the scree garden.
With of course tea and my book. After a supper cooked by Peter we are now settling down for a fun evening watching the Eurovision Song Contest. 

No comments: