Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Wednesday 1 May 2013

And It's Still Sunny.

I was all set to have a moan about the trees still being bare on the 1st of May when through my window I saw ........... the bright lime green of new beech leaves. Only in the hedge but surely a sign the trees will be green before long.
The sun has continued to shine and out of the chill wind it has been most pleasant. The cats took the opportunity to soak up the sun on the front patio while I tried hard to wake myself up this morning. I gave up after several cups of decaffeinated instant coffee and brewed a cafetiere of fresh coffee which did the job.  
I did a little gardening and made another batch of flap-jacks which for some reason have turned out rather crumbly when I tried to cut them up. In a forlorn hope to  rescue them I stuck the whole lot back in the oven and I'll let it cool properly before trying to cut them up. I'd better check the recipe next time instead of relying on my memory. I had another afternoon of teaching sandwiched between a staff meeting and then a maths training session. And after that I drove across town to meet Peter so that we could drop into the opening day of Gemma's photographic studio. Gemma lived with us for a while some years ago, she was Linas' girlfriend then and we have always kept in touch. (My micra used to belong to her Granddad ) She studied photography in college and now after several years of working at other jobs as well as keeping up with her photography she is has set up her own studio. It's in a nice airy premises in the upstairs of the railway station. A far cry from the days when Peter worked in photographic studios in London. You couldn't even call them rabbit warrens, they were more like rat holes. Tiny cramped spaces with dark rooms and all the paraphernalia of chemical processing. Nowadays it's all done digitally.
Came home in the last of the sunshine to see a couple of spirited horses in the ponies' field.

No comments: