Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Tuesday 30 April 2013

Sunny.

More lovely sun today though the cold wind is still with us. As I took a break in the garden, cup of coffee and a book to hand I said a prayer of thanks to be living in such a wonderful place. What does it matter that holidays are few and far between when we can enjoy both the beauty of the garden and the ever changing moods of the sea. Though speaking of holidays we will be off soon to the Isles of Scilly. There will be a bit more to take this year as the new tent is considerably bigger than the one we had last year. Indeed, the bag of poles is the same size as the whole of the previous tent in its bag. I'm optimistically taking shorts, vests and sunscreen but realistically also taking warmer clothes that can all be worn at once should conditions prove cold and wet. We are hoping the good weather will continue but my main hope is that it is dry when we put the tent up.
I taught in the afternoon. The children were "learning to make rotating joins", in other words making spinny things some of which were made into ships' wheels. Driving home the countryside was showing signs of new growth though the trees remain in their dusty winter colours. I did notice a beech tree in leaf at Burridge so the spring is getting closer.
The roadside verges are sparkling with yellow dandelions and pale yellow primroses. Some pink flowers are starting to show and my journeys home will be brightened by nature's gardens beside the country lanes.

No comments: