Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Tuesday 9 April 2013

Being Thankful.

It was cold and windy this morning but as I wrapped up to carry on with my outside work I realised that there are a lot of things I felt thankful for on this wintry day. First thing to be thankful for is that we both have jobs (a thing that is not so easy these days), but doubly so as they have been very understanding and in different ways have provided support. The next thing was that we live surrounded by nature, something that I missed so much when living surrounded by houses. I was thankful for the fact that although it felt like winter it was dry and I could work comfortably because I have more than enough clothes to keep me warm. So all in all I felt happy as I weeded the raised beds and cleared the paving stones ready to be washed.
As I got rid of any dry stems and leaves that weren't protecting the plants and pulled up all the weeds I rescued my 4 birds and sat them on a piece of paving.
In reality they are the cast iron ball & claw feet for an old fashioned bath but I have always seen them as fat pigeons or doves holding their tails up behind them. I had a play with Photoshop to show how I see them.
Peter went into work this afternoon but things are slow at the moment so he isn't needed till Monday. He came home briefly before going out to row on the river. Everyone is into race training at the moment as it is only 3 weeks to the world championships.

1 comment:

Harriet said...

Ruta...You touched a nerve today...thankful. I think everyone needs to take a minute and realize things to be thankful for. I love your birds. Unique!!