Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Monday 22 April 2013

Low Clouds.

Another grey, wet day. I think it has been raining all day up here in the hills though when I went to town in the morning there were only a few light showers. It seems the clouds have decided to settle right down on the hills. My trip to town was mainly to meet up with a group of friends whom I have worked with in the same school over the years. One of our group was celebrating her birthday and another is expecting twins SOON. This time we had our coffee/teas in the lounge of the Fortescue Hotel at the end of the High Street. I've been there a couple of times for the staff Christmas do and it is a comfy place to sit and natter for a couple of hours. Although I have greatly reduced my chocolate intake I still had a slice of white chocolate caramel shortbread. Well, it would have been rude not to join in with everybody though perhaps a toasted tea-cake would have been less fattening. I got some more books at the library before heading home. As it was so wet I drove over to the stables next door to ask Sarah if she could come and feed the cats and my one hen when we go away which she was quite happy to do. 
I found Sarah in the big barn where the farrier was shoeing the horses. That's Tom the farrier, shoeing Dave who is Sarah's gentle big horse that she uses for adult beginners. Being over there brought back a longing to be working with horses again. I don't think my knee or my back would let me do much in the way of proper riding and it is very expensive but I know I would be welcome to come and help out with the horses. Unfortunately I never seem to have enough time to be keeping on top of housework and garden jobs as well as my school work so I'll just have to content myself with the occasional social visit or bringing back a pony that has escaped from the fields.
Peter has just come home, changed into his rowing kit and gone back for a hard training row on the river.

1 comment:

happyone said...

What a shot!! : )