Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Wednesday 24 April 2013

Cloudy.

The clouds were right down to ground as I drove to work this morning and the visibility was about 100m. On either side of the road trees and bushes made eerie shapes in the enveloping gloom. It wasn't until I got down to Burridge that I emerged from the grey mist. It has been one of those days where the sun never makes an appearance. I've spent the whole day in school, Year 2 in the morning and Reception and Year 1 in the afternoon. At least I have the option of a lie-in tomorrow.
Each day there seems to be something new to see in the garden. The pond is still quite low and there is frost damage on many of the plants but there is still beauty to be seen if you use a bit of selective vision. No sign of any leaves on the beech trees but lots of tiny unfurling green leaves on the hawthorn or May bushes. The slugs were out attacking the aubretia again this morning so another 60 were sent to a watery grave. I'll have to use the evil slug pellets around the bearded iris as I've learn't the hard way that if I want any iris flowers I must resort to chemical warfare. But they are the only plants to get such special treatment.

No comments: