Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Monday 15 April 2013

Warmer.

At last it feels as if spring is finally here. And about time too with the school summer term starting tomorrow. It was warmer today and we have had some spells of welcome sunshine between visits by black clouds. It kept looking as if we were in for heavy showers but hardly any rain fell at all. The inhabitants of the little pond have started to croak much to Ellie's surprise and best of all this afternoon I saw the first of the swallows swooping low over the scree garden. Now all we need are some leaves on the trees and all will be well.
I was back at the dentist again this morning. I was still having trouble where the tooth had been pulled out.  A bit of bone had worked its way out of the hole a little while ago (apparently that's quite normal), but one piece seemed to be trying to work its way out through the side of my gum and my jaw was aching. The dentist, who by the way was lovely and reassuring, put in a dressing which is as I thought oil of cloves and gave me a prescription for antibiotics. Job done and nothing to pay as it counted as part of the extraction which I had already paid for. My afternoon was spent tidying and cleaning in the conservatory. Spiders are welcome to spend the summer in the conservatory but today I hoovered up all last year's cobwebs. They are no good to the spiders and simply added to the general mess of the place. Who knows, I may even wash down all the windows and frames, inside and out. But not today.

1 comment:

happyone said...

The daffodils look so pretty in that lovely blue vase!!