Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Friday 5 April 2013

15C !

We were woken this morning by the sun streaming in around the winter curtains we put up where town people have net curtains, to give extra insulation to the double glazing. The blue sky was enough to call me out into the garden. Although it was 5C the cold wind made it seem much colder than yesterday's steady 1C.
By the afternoon the temperature in the front yard had gone up to an amazing 15C but that was because the yard was completely sheltered from the wind. Just right for my tea break after some work with the pressure washer.
I finally completed all of the paving around the scree garden but an awful lot of the mortar has come out. I put off doing it last year but it's now the next job on my list. That is after I've cleaned the paving at the side and back of the house.
Because it hasn't rained for a few weeks the water level in the little pond is quite low so I carefully waded in and pulled out most of the grass that was growing in the water. A little bramble pulling and then I enjoyed a wrapped up ('cos it was windy) read sitting up at the scree garden.

1 comment:

Harriet said...

I truly admire your work ethic. Yesterday I did my volunteer stint in a used book store planning to come home and do a little gardening. The wind was strong and cold so I elected to read my book and take a nap. We are expecting rain beginning today so it looks like any garden cleaning will have to wait longer.