Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Tuesday 23 April 2013

Warmer.

It has been a little warmer today but the sky has remained resolutely grey. When I went up to feed the hen this morning I wasn't too happy to see lots of slugs munching away on the almost flowering aubretia. Wearing rubber gloves I dispatched 50 slugs (dispatched = drowned in a bucket of water and thrown in the stream to be washed down to the lake). I carried on wiping the inside of the conservatory until it was time for school. We had a good afternoon and the pirate ships now have sails and prows. It only took me half an hour after school to print today's photos and stick them in the scrapbook along with the Handy Hints.  
I came home muttering darkly because the recycling box, which I hadn't bothered picking up on my way to work, was missing. I can imagine they are quite handy storage boxes and they do disappear every now and again.  However I needn't have worried, Peter had come home early as things are slow at the moment and as he is still technically on a phased return they said he might as well go home. So he had picked up the box. He's also cooked up a supper which we call Lithuanian soul food - pickled herrings in a cream dill sauce, boiled potatoes and a beetroot and bean salad. Looking forward to that.

No comments: