Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Sunday 7 April 2013

Grey.

It's been grey, windy and cold today but at least it has remained dry. Last night I heard that 1,500 acres of Dartmoor were on fire but it's now been put out.
I finally got around to clearing some of the paperwork that had been piling up on the corner of the kitchen table. There wasn't too much to do, just filing things in the correct places. I also did some planning for school, typing up ideas that I'd worked out in the small hours of those long nights when I don't sleep. I've been asked to do some D & T (design & technology or in other words - making), based around pirate ships. That should be fun.
I went out to work in the garden later in the afternoon cleaning the paved area by the barbecue before I use the pressure washer on the slabs. Somehow the job expanded to weeding the flower beds on either side so I didn't quite finish. I also cut down quite a lot of the small-ish conifer that had grown out across the path. I hate cutting trees, it feels cruel and the conifer had been happily growing there for 15 years. I have left nearly half of the upright trunks and at least now it is easier to walk along the path. I was sad too to cut and burn most of a large rambling rosemary bush but it has a virus and was not looking good. The same virus killed off the original plant and the cuttings that I took from it. I left one branch simply so that we would still have fresh rosemary for cooking.

No comments: