Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Wednesday 3 April 2013

Sunny Again.

Another bright and breezy day so off we went for a walk along the cliff path at Morte Point. There were a lot of people around in the village but numbers thinned out once we got out on the cliffs. It was high tide so we didn't expect to see any seals but we saw one as it dived into the depths. 
It was very windy on the north side so we waited until just around the point where it was more sheltered before stopping for a coffee. It was warm enough for me to take off my coat, roll it up and strap it with the carrying strap I made that fits over my shoulder. It was so good to get out and stretch our legs.
Nearly all the properties in Morthoe are either holiday lets or places to eat and drink. I wouldn't mind staying in this cottage with its garden full of daffodils. Back home I carried on with washing the slabs around the scree garden. Most of the slabs there don't come up like new as the algae have grown right into the concrete leaving grubby black marks. I'll have a try with my home-made weed-killer (salt & vinegar) and see if it has any effect as I don't want to be using strong chemicals so close to my plants.
Finally- meet The Snout, my home made adaptor for the garden vac. I found the broken road cone top left behind by road workers (along with some empty beer cans which I put in our recycling box) at the top of the drive. I drilled a few holes around the top and used string and a bungy to stop the cone from falling off. And it works fantastically! It picked up 90% of the leaves jammed under the stones of the scree garden in a fraction of the time it would take to do by hand. I quite enjoy kneeling and picking up every last leaf but my knees can no longer cope with it, that's probably why my knees are knackered anyway.

No comments: