Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Friday 19 April 2013

Sunny.

It's been quite a nice day again. I didn't have to go in to school but I did plenty of work at home. On the off chance that spring is on its way I gave the santolina bushes growing in the yard wall, their annual trim. For now they resemble spiky hedgehogs but soon they will be pale grey hummocks sporting yellow button flowers. I was going to get on with the conservatory but when I finished my pruning I found a big blister on my finger. I took it to be a 'sign' that I had done enough work and sat out in the sun with a cup of tea and a book. Then I noticed that the lawns were looking a bit messy so I had to get the mower out and cut all the grass. The garden looks a bit tidier now mainly because the grass is the same height as the moss which seems to be taking over. Should I claim that I'm going for the Japanese moss garden look or try to do something about the moss? Perhaps I should go out and buy a moss rake and lots of grass seed.

1 comment:

Harriet said...

I think perhaps you should go for the moss look. I often think it's better to let mother nature have her way than to attempt to stop her. I've tried both methods over the years--sometimes I win and sometimes I don't.