Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Sunday 28 April 2013

Grey.

I got to play with horses again today. Sarah came round in the morning to ask if I could go over in the afternoon to check the horses as they were all going out to see a demonstration of horse drawn barges and Sarah's dad had something else on. I thought I could manage to do that.
All I had to do was to check on the horses in the barn. This was originally built for cattle and the bull pens make perfect loose boxes. Everything is tidy and well organised unlike some of the cramped stables where I looked after horses in the East End of London. 
I topped up all the water buckets but they all still had haylage (a kind of hay which is fermented and more digestible than dry hay), so I didn't need to give them any extra.
Sarah also asked me to let the dogs, Fred the dalmation and Neville the border terrier, out for a run. She warned me that Neville can be naughty and not to worry if I couldn't get him back. I took over a few dog biscuits and there was no problem with Neville. The dogs were in the club house/office which Paul built a few years ago. 
Simply for old times' sake I took a walk around the stable block which they use for the ponies in the winter or when they are needed for lessons.
This is their new menage which they built after the boys and I stopped going over for lessons (too expensive for 4 of us). The new house was built on the site of the previous menage.
And to show how we fit in, that's our house beyond the trees at the end of the lake. For the rest of the day I tidied up in the conservatory and worked on a power-point about Lundy which I have been asked to do for school. It's been dry for most of the day though not particularly nice. The official high for yesterday was only 12C so we were very lucky catching the sun yesterday. No shorts for me today though.

1 comment:

happyone said...

What a nice and tidy place. Looks like the animals are well taken care of. : )