Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Tuesday 2 April 2013

Sunny.

No matter how cold it is there's nothing like a bit of sun to make everything seem so much better. I was only too pleased when Peter suggested going down to the beach today. Although I want to crack on with cleaning the garden paving my back is protesting so it would have been foolhardy to carry on today. Instead I waited until after our walk to tidy up the planted walls by the scree garden in the late afternoon sun.
Everybody seemed to have the same idea to get down to the beach today. Woolacombe was heaving and we had to drive twice along the sea front road to find a parking space. That's because we still want to take advantage of the free weekday parking rather than paying for the private car park. The main beach was crowded but the decent waves were up by Barricane Beach which is only for more experienced surfers as you have to avoid the rocks. Peter and I sat up on the cliff watching and commenting on the surfers and generally enjoying being out in the fresh air. 
Now that we are in Summer Time the golden evening kept me happily working outside until after 7.00 though once the sun went down it got very cold once more.

1 comment:

happyone said...

I agree. Sun makes all the difference. : )