Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Thursday 25 April 2013

Grey.

It felt really hard to get going this morning. Sort of too lethargic and lacking motivation. I was going to say it was a case of the blues but to me blue is the joyful colour of the sky and the sea when the sun is shinning so perhaps I should say I had a case of the greys. However I forced myself to get at least one outside job done before going to work (tapping the lead flashings above the porch to fit against the stone wall), and then I was kicking myself for not having gone outside earlier. There was a light drizzle but it was so much brighter than indoors. However work beckoned and I spent a happy afternoon working with the other Year 2 class on their pirate boats.
 Many hands make light work.
It is good to see the children working together though one boy's Handy Hint was more of a plea - "You should let everyone in the team work."
I got home in time to finish cutting out the dead rose branches over the porch though I may finally have lost the coiled spring from the middle of my secateurs. It falls out regularly and being old and rusty is hard to spot amongst the leaves and plants and even though I searched hard it eluded me. Thank goodness I have a couple of other pairs of secateurs though at the moment I don't know where the pink ones are either. That's why I have several.

1 comment:

Harriet said...

I have lost so many pruning shears that I should have bought stock in the companies. Mine go into the cuttings, get lost amongst the flowers or plants.....I put a big ribbon on one pair and still lost them. You made me smile because you suffer from the same malady....lostitis!!!!