Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Tuesday 28 May 2013

Showers.


The forecast was for sunshine and showers which is what we got though thankfully we missed the thunder & lightning with hail that was also mentioned. The morning was dry so I was once again on my knees tidying the scree garden. Yesterday's rain made it easier to peel the strands of moss from the stones. As I work my way  through the rocks there have been a few surprises. Yesterday there was a little brown toad and a tiny newt under the same stone and today a small green frog suddenly appeared. Today when I was clearing some of last year's ornamental grasses I came across a spherical nest, about the size of an orange, woven from dry grass. I was pretty certain it was empty before I checked it as yesterday Speedy was snoozing on top of that clump of grass. While I worked the air was filled with birdsong and the squawking of the young crows each time their parents returned to the nest. One way down the valley I could hear Sarah calling in the ponies from the hillside and in the other direction the farmer was rounding up or moving his sheep with the quad bike.
The showers came in the afternoon and after a little housework I spent the rest of the time drawing the 2 alternatives for next part of my tattoo which is being done tomorrow. This involved much cutting out of bits of paper and sellotaping them to my arm, easier said than done, and then taking photos. The trouble is I like both of my designs and can't decide. Hopefully when I see what Tom has done with the 2 designs I gave him it will be easier to choose. Watch this spot tomorrow to see which bit of body art I decided to go with.

No comments: