Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Wednesday 29 May 2013

Lovely Day.

I finally decided on just thorns rather than my leaf design for my open bracelet tattoo. It took a while until the freehand design was drawn on to my satisfaction. Poor Tom would draw a section and then I'd be asking for a bit more curl here or different shaped thorns but as a tattoo is somewhat permanent it's worth getting just right. It took 2 hours to do the actual tattoo and some parts were almost painless while others, like over the wrist bone, were a little stingy. But it's just how I wanted and I'm very happy with it.
Driving into town in the morning there were black clouds to the west and black clouds to the east with just a corridor of blue sky leading out to sea and by the afternoon things brightened right up.
Which was wonderful because I was going over to Linda's house in Berrynarbour to join a group of friends for the afternoon. Linda's garden is so beautiful, 1.5 acres of mature trees and shrubs, sunny glades, ponds and winding paths with the sea in the distance. 
The rhododendrons were looking absolutely amazing and the whole garden is simply stunning. Down in the shady end of the garden little streams ran through stands of different types of ferns.
After a ramble around the garden we then retired to the deck for more tea and coffee with home made cake and biscuits in the sun. We chatted away the afternoon until nearly 6.00 when we reluctantly bade our farewells and drove off bearing various plants in pots. The pink fuchsia and the olearia I brought home should do well in the scree garden.

No comments: