Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Monday 20 May 2013

Warm Wind.

It was much more like spring than summer this morning. I was trying to fight off a grey mood so I forced myself out for a walk. I keep saying that I ought to walk up to the road every day, or at least when I'm not working, to keep myself fit as that steep hill really does get you puffing. Even though it was completely overcast it was quite bright and the wind was warm. 
Sure enough, the sight of the fresh green leaves and the sound of a skylark singing high above the field lifted my spirits. 
From Ashelford Corner  I turned off towards the farm track that brings me out above our valley where I turned and retraced my steps.
Looking through a gap in the hedge there was a grand view over Ashelford Farm towards Arlington. 
Now that I am unable to run (or rather slow jog) because of my knee I try and focus on my posture when I'm out walking. Being tall I slouched as a youngster and I'm trying hard not to stoop now that the years are creeping on. When we are out walking on the cliffs the paths are rocky and uneven so it is vital to keep your eyes down but walking on the road I can stride out with shoulders back and head held high. 
Refreshed by my walk I was ready to tackle more jobs when I got home. I have a dreadful habit of not quite completing things and true to form I had one small section of the conservatory still to wash. I had left the corner round at the back which nobody sees and moved on to the next project but today I finished it off properly. Then the postman came and brought me some more strimmer wires so I was able to cut all the paths and steps which the mower couldn't do. That done, with my hair washed, I could sit out and enjoy the rest of the afternoon in the warm breeze. The sun even made a valiant effort to appear. The crow chicks are so noisy in their nest. I watched one of the adult birds fly away cawing quietly to itself. It really sounded as if it was muttering to itself "Pesky chicks, I bring them food and all they do is yell for more."

1 comment:

Harriet said...

Thanks for the lovely walk Ruta...the ferns so interesting.