Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Friday 24 May 2013

Sunny.

It has been very windy but also sunny today so I can't complain. After yesterday I wasn't looking forward to a whole day with the same class (there are a few behaviour issues in that class) but today things were much better. We had a morning of practical maths activities which they enjoyed. I was working with small groups practising rounding numbers to the nearest 10. It was so funny to see how their attention and work levels increased dramatically when I introduced an element of competition. The first child to hold up their whiteboard with the correct answer got a counter and the winner was the first to accumulate 10 counters. They didn't even get to keep the counters at the end of the activity. It's now the half-term holiday so there was a light-hearted feel to the afternoon, at least amongst the teachers. Normally there are teachers working until 5.30 or 6.00 but today I was almost the last one out at 4.15. Peter has taken next week off as well so we hope to fit in a few walks if the weather stays fine.

No comments: