Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Thursday 3 June 2021

A noticable drop in temperature but at least it has stayed dry. The dolphins swam by again as we ate our breakfast. This time they were only about 20ft from the shore.
After yet another night of very little sleep I had to be up ready to phone the dentist at 8.30 to see when I could come in for my appointment. Eventually got through and was given an appointment for 1.30. That was good news but what a disappointment. The dentist took an x-ray, confirmed that there was decay under the crown of the last and biggest molar and it needed to come out. Fine, that's what I had been expecting but then she said she couldn't take the tooth out, there wasn't enough time in the appointment. I give up, what was the point of the appointment? Maybe she would have made arrangements at some time in the future to remove the tooth but as I still had the appointment booked at another dentist tomorrow I decided to go with that even if it costs a lot more. When I got home I rang and double checked that tomorrow's dentist would be happy to take the tooth out straight away (I had already mentioned that as a possibility). At least today's dentist gave me a copy of my x-ray.
First thing this morning as I was recovering from being woken by the alarm clock the builder sent Peter a text saying they would be here soon to start work on the kitchen roof. The kitchen was an addition to the original house and has a flat roof which needed replacing. Thankfully this doesn't affect the inside but the lads have been here all day stripping off the old outer roof which is now on the terrace. Much crashing and banging and right now they're nailing plastic over the roof in case it rains. 
Before I left for town Peter and I moved my computer desk from the hall by the front door into my study which has shrunk as a consequence. At the same time Peter decided to replace my hard drive box thingy with a smaller newer version he got me while back. I never like change and find it frustrating when faced with having to find passwords and log in to my sites. I had saved all my daily photos on an external hard drive but I'm now going to have to replace some of my ongoing files that I add to from time to time things like crafts or LOTR. Peter did save my lists of favourites but he didn't think to mention other things like documents. Such a muddle for now. I REALLY don't like change. And the spellchecker still doesn't work.
 

No comments: