Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Friday 11 June 2021

Drizzle then Sun.

Weatherwise it's been a day of two halves. The morning was grey with constant drizzle from the low clouds and then towards the end of the afternoon the cloud cleared and the temperature shot up.
The two builder's lads turned up in the morning to work on the roof but with the weekend in mind I asked them to make sure they cleared up all their mess before the end of the day. They did a good job of tidying up leaving the terrace clear and looking cleaner than before they started. They did some work on the roof but eventually they were soaked through to the skin and decided to give up. I don't blame them at all. At least we can use the terrace this weekend which is due to be a scorcher.
Meanwhile Peter and I got round to fitting the second blind in our bedroom. It makes such a difference not having the plastic up at the window. I guess starting at such a low point makes us appreciate every little improvement. (Maybe I've said this before.) Then as the drizzle had dried up I did some work in the back garden. I've been working my way through the old raised bed moving the compost and filling it first with gravel. That way I've got more compost for some more small raised beds I've got planned as well as adding weight to support our neighbours' garden. Hopefully I didn't do too much for my back.
We'd just sat down outside to enjoy the sun when the other builder turned up to fill a couple of small holes in the wall where the bay window was. Before he came in he was sitting in his van answering his phone and saw four dolphins out in the bay. Right at the time I'd come in to open the front door for him. Just my luck. Saw the Red Kite fly by a couple of times and swallows have been swooping low over the cliffs. 

The geraniums brought from Dingles are starting to flower which will give me a chance to label them again. Mrs Kendall Clarke (above) is my favourite.

No comments: