Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Sunday 27 June 2021

Sunny.

Mostly sunny today.
I didn't sleep well last night so it was rather a late start today. At least we have the option to sleep as long as we need, that is when we're not expecting builders.
When I did get outside I returned to my post hole digging deeper and wider so that it's ready for the post to go in. That is when I buy some post-crete (the cement you pour on top of water in the hole which sets in 10 minutes) as they didn't have any in stock the last time I was at the builders' merchants. Once that was done I tidied up the narrow bed that will run along the bottom of the trellis removing weeds, my bete noir - bits of plastic and styrofoam and excess compost. I gave the remaining compost a good mix with the subsoil and now it's ready for planting. I'm thinking the ever green clematis and the purple passionflower on the trellis with lemon balm and santolina underneath. Something fragrant to brush against.
Gardening done there was time to sit out on the terrace watching a surf lesson while I did a little more work on my felting.
Below- 10.00pm yesterday and it was almost as light as the camera shows.

 

No comments: