Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Friday 18 June 2021

Windy.

Very windy today. For most of the day it was bright and sunny but later in the afternoon the dark clouds which had been lurking close inland moved out over the sea changing the sea colours from vibrant greens and blues to depending on your generation, shades of duck egg blue or light avocado.
We  had both the builder's lads here today working on the guttering. It is almost done with just a few small things to do on Monday, providing the rain holds off.
I had a run into town, first destination being the dump to dispose of soggy bags of grass cuttings and weeds. When I got into town my usual route to the industrial estate where the dump is  was blocked by 'closed' signs. I didn't do my usual thing of ignoring the signs on the grounds that either they don't refer to the place I'm going to or they've finished their roadworks and forgotten to remove the signs. So many times I've carried on past closed signs and then had to retrace my way. Instead I went through town and out that way. It's not as if Aber is very big. Reaching the dump I was pleasantly surprised to find no queue at all and it wasn't long before I had emptied the car and was heading over to Screwfix for shelf brackets (for the garage) and a replacement latch for my study door. A quick drive to Morrisons where a search of the plant shelves yeilded two unusual clematis. The blue Rooguchi which flowers  late winter/early spring is a scrambler rather than a climber and valued in Japan as a cut flower. The site I got this information from charges £16 for a plant! The white Cirrhosa is evergreen and flowers between October and January. That's a bonus. I was just putting my shopping on the checkout belt in Morrisons when the fire alarms went off. Everyone had to leave their shopping and exit the building. I smiled when I saw one older lady pick up a chair from the cafe area we were walking through and take it outside to sit on. Very sensible. The fire brigade turned up in minutes but I think it was just a problem with the alarms. Once back inside it didn't take long to pay and then onwards to Lidl as it's on the way home. The new Lidl is right next to the main streets, okay the old one was only at the other end of the car-park, but there wasn't anything I needed to get. I did call in at the second-hand shop though as it's also on the same car-park. I'm still not sure what the ethos behind the place is apart from re-cycling but I did see somebody from the zoo working there. I'll ask him next time I'm at the zoo. There I treated myself to this glass tea-light holder for £2. I'm not into candles, far too dangerous in my view, but it's a nice object in itself.
For the rest of the afternoon I worked on my felted dragon. Wetting the legs helped get them more compact and I've used the same idea on the flap I've added to make the zig-zag down the neck to the tail.
 

2 comments:

lea said...

The Rooguchi clematis is beautiful, love the blue (and the blue candle holder). A search of the Wisley Cream came up with a nursery in our area, they specialize in clematis. I wish that I could find a place to plant one, but we have too many rhododendrons (in my opinion, not my husband's though).

Florence said...


I started on COPD Herbal treatment from Ultimate Life Clinic, the treatment worked incredibly for my lungs condition. I used the herbal treatment for almost 4 months, it reversed my COPD. My severe shortness of breath, dry cough, chest tightness gradually disappeared. Reach Ultimate Life Clinic via their website www.ultimatelifeclinic.com. I can breath much better and It feels comfortable!