Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Monday 14 June 2021

Grey.

Much cooler today with sad grey skies.
The builders turned up at 9.00 and have spent the day crashing and banging on the kitchen roof. We were running short of milk so I popped down to the shop, via the beach of course. The beach was almost desterted. The group on the left had a couple of fishing rods set up for bass but they hadn't caught anything. I think they were just enjoying sitting there with their glasses of sparkling wine. I amused myself photographing stones and anything else that took my fancy. Up on the sand there were stranded barrel jellyfish, all about the same size (18"-2ft) about every 20ft.
Back home I dismantled the handle and lock on my study door. It's been sticking and I can just see myself forgetting and shutting it either trapping myself inside so that I have to climb out of the window or making my room and most importantly my pc unavailable. Taking the handles off was easy but I wasn't so sure about the actual latch as it was so old. However a couple of YouTube videos later and I'd diagnosed the problem and removed the latch thingy. Now all I have to do is buy and fit a replacement.
My final job of the day was to turn a wool blanket into a secondary curtain to go behind one of the sitting room curtains. This will help prevent heat loss from the large expanse of glass and will cut down the light coming through the curtains when they are drawn. Peter constantly complains about this as it makes it hard to see the tv screen especially if it's showing somewhere dark. I'm not that bothered and would prefer to have the curtains open so I can keep an eye on the bay outside while I'm watching tv. I might look into blackout roller blinds for the French doors.
The thrift is looking wonderful on the cliff. I'm hoping to grow thrift and other cliff plants in the front garden.

Traditional stone structures on the beach, age - about 24 hours.

I thought this stone below looked like a planet where the land is covered in ice.
The cloud began to clear in the late afternoon and the temperature began rising. 

 

1 comment:

happyone said...

I've never heard of thrift but it sure is beautiful!!!