Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Thursday 24 June 2021

Misty.

For most of the day the mist hung low in the air keeping the air cool and everything very grey. Not until late afternoon did the mist begin to part with a dramatic rise in temperature.
The decorator had told us he wouldn't be here until 10.00 but in the end he was dropped off at 9.00, sat on the cliff enjoying the view for half an hour before ringing the doorbell at 9.30. He was here for a good few hours painting the ceiling and some of the walls and it all looks nice and fresh now. The boss turned up later and said he would block up the gap in the hedge with wood and that his chaps would be round in a day or so to complete the down pipe with a diverter into a water butt. The ground gets very dry here so any 'free' water will always be welcome.
While the decorator was here I did some sorting out in my study. Back in Devon I'd packed away all the carefully organised contents of my filing cabinet and then at the last moment threw all random bits of stuff from around the room into the filing cabinet and it's been like that ever since which is why I often can't find things. So far all I've done is swapped the contents of a box with the contents of the bottom drawer of the filing cabinet with a small amount of papers ending up in the recycling.
Once the decorator had finished and made a reasonable job of tidying up I hoovered up and then washed all the laminate flooring. Then because there's no knowing when the builders will be here to plumb in the water butt I built a platform for it to stand on using recycled concrete blocks. At the same time I weeded and cleared up the space behind the street wall. Then as I had a bin bag to hand I carried on and trimmed the bits of hedge reaching out into the street. I had just put away my tools when Peter returned from his first trip to the dump. He'd been to dispose of the remains of an old storage box that had been taking up space in the path from the garage to the front garden. I think that's where he plans to keep his barbecue during the summer. 
We had time to sit out in the sun for a while before the mist began rolling in once more and it was time to begin supper. BTW we saw a single dolphin in the morning as we were chatting to the decorator while I made us coffee.

1 comment:

Florence said...


I started on COPD Herbal treatment from Ultimate Life Clinic, the treatment worked incredibly for my lungs condition. I used the herbal treatment for almost 4 months, it reversed my COPD. My severe shortness of breath, dry cough, chest tightness gradually disappeared. Reach Ultimate Life Clinic via their website www.ultimatelifeclinic.com. I can breath much better and It feels comfortable!