Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Tuesday 15 June 2021

Sunny.

A lovely sunny day today. 
The builders were here again putting up new fascia boards. We were running low on milk and completely out of squash which the lads had asked for so off I went to the shop. Unlike yesterday when I'd worn a jacket today I nipped out in my shorts with flip-flops on my feet. I hadn't planned to walk on the beach so didn't take the camera but the sand called. I guess that counted as my first time in the water this year as I sploshed through the edge of the waves. Lots of families camped out on the dry sand enjoying the sun. With foreign travel banned or at least discouraged no doubt more people will head out to the coast instead.
With things being very noisy at home, lots of banging and drilling, I took a cup of coffee, camera and Kindle out to one of the benches on the cliff for a peaceful coffee break. Guess which dog was being walked? Yup, that's Dougal the scottie that bit me. I exchanged a "Hello" with the chap but he made sure to reel in Dougal's lesd until he was well past.
My gentle prompting, okay maybe nagging has finally worked and Peter has started sorting out the garage getting stuff ready for recycling or the dump. The builder's lads will be taking away some materials left by various builders and the left over boards from the roof can be used to make shelving for the stuff we will be keeping. I took photos of the window with the too high opening and a spare radiator and put them on the selling sites. Might as well try and recoup some of the money we spent. 
My last job of the day was to use a second wool blanket to make the inner curtain for the other long sitting room curtain. One advantage of having the blanket curtains separate to the white curtains is that it means I can still put both curtains in the washing machine separately if needed though I think hanging the wool curtains out in the sun for a while would also freshen them up nicely. I checked out the price of black-out blinds and they would be £200 - £300. Maybe not.


 

1 comment:

happyone said...

What a beautiful picture of your sunny day.
The blooms are beautiful also.