Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Wednesday 23 June 2021

Damp.

The day began grey and misty, drizzle dampened the air when I was walking around town and by the afternoon it had turned to light and then more significant rain.
We were up early, 7.00 counts as early when you're retired though some days I'm awake at 4.00 and up by 5.00 but it's having to be up that makes it seem so onerous. We got to the hospital before 9.00 where I left Peter and drove off first to Screwfix to get a rainwater diverter kit for a water butt and then back to Lidl for some basic shopping. I was just heading towards the shopping streets when I met Peter who'd walked down from the hospital. Fortunately he was happy to sit in the car with his Kindle while I had a quick spin around the charity shops. One of my stops was to donate a jacket and some old binoculars, always happy to declutter. Didn't buy anything in the charity shops but I went into Waterstones and bought the two OS maps that cover Borth and the surrounding area. It would have been cheaper to buy them on-line but we do try and shop locally when we can. (I know Waterstones is an chain and not an independant but it does employ local people.)
Coming home I was able to take some photos through the rather grubby windscreen. I do like driving through this wooded hillside even though it is very steep and there is a frightening hair-pin bend to negociate.

Nearing home there is another steep hill that has the most wonderful views. In the photo below Redroofs can be seen just above the van on the right hand side.
The builder failed to turn up to talk about the hole in the hedge (he's apparently coming tomorrow) but his decorator, a very nice chatty chap, turned up to begin work on the kitchen ceiling. He had a hiccup to start with when he went into the garage to get the tin of paint left from the last time he was here, He shook the tin to check how much was on it and the lid popped off. Yes, he was the last person to use that tin. Paint all over his shoe and the garage floor. He tidied that up then filled the holes in the kitchen ceiling, sprayed on stain-stop (haven't seen it as a spray before) and did some painting. He's due to come back tomorrow morning to finish it off.

 The evening has now turned colder and wetter, good for the garden I suppose.

1 comment:

Florence said...


I started on COPD Herbal treatment from Ultimate Life Clinic, the treatment worked incredibly for my lungs condition. I used the herbal treatment for almost 4 months, it reversed my COPD. My severe shortness of breath, dry cough, chest tightness gradually disappeared. Reach Ultimate Life Clinic via their website www.ultimatelifeclinic.com. I can breath much better and It feels comfortable!