Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Tuesday 8 June 2021

Sunny.

Bright and sunny today with a cooling breeze.
The builder's lads turned up early this morning to get on with the roof. Really the boss should have been here helping them but he was working on another job.
Peter went off to do some shopping at Morrison's leaving me in charge of tea making. While the lads were taking a break I climbed the ladder to take some photos of the roof showing the thick insulation which sits over insulated plasterboard. Some of the beams needed the ends replacing but luckily not the complete beams. They're putting on the OSB boards and tomorrow they should be sticking down the rubber sheeting.
I'd not heard anything about my second vaccination even though it's been 12 weeks. The website said Wales was giving the second jabs in less than 12 weeks so I made some phone calls, 3 to be exact including being number 36 in the queue and eventually was offered an appointment for tomorrow at any time to suit me. Sounds like I fell through the net. I picked the afternoon so that I can still have my morning at the zoo. 
While Peter was out I had a crafty sort out in his study. I'd gone in to try and locate a box and it was sheer chaos in there. I moved a few boxes out to the hall and gently did some rearranging. He wasn't pleased but it was an accident waiting to happen. Then I got the lawnmower out. The paths didn't need mowing again so soon but the weeds especially the cleavers were getting into the surrounding bushes and I needed to mow around the edges as well. The long handled hoe came in useful for getting right under the hydrangeas.

Standing at the top of the ladder looking up to The Monument I could see the latest house being built. The original houses up here had large gardens but nearly all of  them have been sold off  as building plots.

I hadn't long been getting a well earned rest in the sun before Peter came home. We unpacked the shopping and Peter helped the lads lift the big boards up to the roof. There is just enough room for us to sit in sun to read and watch the people enjoying the gentle waves.

No comments: