Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Saturday 5 June 2021

Warm.

It's been a mild day with the weather swinging from warm and sunny (briefly) to hazy and mild then hazy and cool and then back to sunny. There were even a few drops of rain that lasted for no more than a few minutes.
Peter went out rowing this morning which cheered him up no end after his enforced rest after bashing his ribs and the stress of struggling with my pc. I'm feeling a lot better now that I'm catching up on sleep though my face does feel like it's been through the wars.
While Peter was out I did the usual housework and then had a sort out in my study. I've decided where things should go though I could do with more storage, lots of it. 

In the afternoon I took myself out to work in the garden. First thing was to sweep the steps so that we're not bringing all the builders' mess into the house but before that ...... I thought I should scrape off  all the loose paint all the paint on the concrete lintel under the dining room window. So that's what I did. It wasn't that easy especially as I couldn't find the correct tool and had to make do with a small crowbar which has nice sharp edges and a square edged palette knife. Once that was done and all the paint flakes swept up I had a weeding session. The worst weed in this garden is cleavers which starts off as such an innocuous seedling and grows to a nasty scrambling sticky clump. Some of the brambles are reappearing too from roots that I didn't remove. I've dug some up but may resort to weed killer to keep them at bay. After my weeding session there was still time to sit out on the terrace watching the paddle boarders out on the water. At first there were three of them making their way along. Then much laughter as one fell into the water followed by even more guffaws when a second joined him. They were joined by two more boarders and just sat around chatting before finally heading back to shore. Peter joined me for a while and then all too soon it was time to prepare supper and to start my blog.

1 comment:

lea said...

Oh, I detest that cleavers weed! My cat sometimes come in with the sticky seeds caught in his fur.