Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Saturday 26 June 2021

Windy.

A mix of cloud and sun today with more sun as the day progressed.
Peter watched the sea conditions anxiously but the wind eased and he went off for a late morning row. This wing surfer must have very strong arms. He was out for ages holding up the wing to catch the wind and scoot across the waves. The board he stands on lifts up out of the water with just a long, 3ft? keel that goes down into the water with a cross-piece at the bottom.
It was a good drying day so I filled the washing machine. To save having to make the bed later on I found a spare set of bedding and put that on the bed in the morning though I've still had time to do the ironing in the afternoon.
Before going out to work in the garden I fixed the bolt on the toilet door, something that needed doing before people come to stay. The bolt didn't align properly with the keep/catch even after I'd taken off the bolt and hammered it flat. The trickiest part of the job was wandering around the house looking for something plastic that was the right thickness to put under the catch. An old credit card would have been perfect but there wasn't one to hand. In the end I cut up a heavy duty cable tie and slid a piece on either side of the screws under the catch before tightening up the screws which did the job. 
My outdoor job for the day was to dig a hole for one of the two posts that will support a trellis panel in front of the oil tank. Bit by bit gets the job done, as the saying goes.
 

1 comment:

Florence said...


I started on COPD Herbal treatment from Ultimate Life Clinic, the treatment worked incredibly for my lungs condition. I used the herbal treatment for almost 4 months, it reversed my COPD. My severe shortness of breath, dry cough, chest tightness gradually disappeared. Reach Ultimate Life Clinic via their website www.ultimatelifeclinic.com. I can breath much better and It feels comfortable!