Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Friday 4 June 2021

A Visit to the Dentist.

A bright day with cold winds.
The deed is done, the tooth is no more and hopefully the pain too will be no more. My appointment went smoothly, the dentist was very nice and as there was no drilling involved it was a stress-free time. My greatest concern was that the tooth would come out easily as the dentist had told me that if the tooth broke off making the procedure more complex it would double the cost, yikes. Fortunately the tooth came out in one go and it cost me £105, more than double the NHS charge if I'd been able to find an NHS dentist which is looking increasingly unlikely.
In the meantime work carried on at home. The builders turned up in the morning with extra help to remove all the old stuff which they lifted over the hedge to their truck parked on the pavement. They spent the rest of the day fixing on the boards. They won't be back until Monday and have fixed the tarpaulins back over the roof. The terrace is now taken up with the rest of the boards covered with the rubber sheet that will form the new roof. This type of roof is supposed to last for at least 20 years which should be enough for us.
The aftercare instructions from the dentist included taking things easy for the rest of the day. Before driving home I did drop into Matalan for some retail therapy as that was where I was parked. I miss Primark but Matalan does have a good range of exercise wear though today I only bought another set of green and white t-towels and a duck-egg hand towel for the kitchen. That was an extravagance as I have plenty of towels but not in that colour. Once I got home I was determined to 'rest' in the sun. With the builders occupying the terrace I took a sunlounger down to the grass and found a corner that wasn't too lumpy. The wind was cold but eventually I nodded off in spite of the noise from our neighbour strimming the outer edge of the cliff grass. I'm not sure if that's to define the edge for safety reasons or if he just likes things neat and tidy. 
Eventually it was too cold for me. Speedy found himself a sheltered spot on the steps and Peter and I sat out in the back garden where it was sheltered and very warm. From there we could hear the builder's lads chattering half in Welsh and half in English as they worked on the roof. We had to smile when one broke into song mostly in a high falsetto.
PS. I'm now back using my old pc hard drive. Yesterday evening, having succesfully logged into Blogger everything else failed. FB/Outlook didn't recognise my password but to re-set I needed my email and you've guessed it ......... couldn't get into that either. No problem, I'd get the code from my phone except it never arrived to the phone's inbox. Gave up in disgust and left it till the morning. But on turning on my pc it wouldn't let me on at all and Peter didn't know why. He gave up too at this point and re-installed the old hard drive. Then by magic a code arrived to my phone and I was able to reset the password for my emails and FB opened automatically. The joys of technology.
 

2 comments:

happyone said...

Glad to hear your dental ordeal is over now!!

Granny Marigold said...

Your kitty napping in the sunshine makes a lovely picture!