Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Monday 28 June 2021

Wet.

Frequent morning showers turned into steady rain in the afternoon. Hopefully all this rain will soften up the ground in the flowerbed I'm weeding at the zoo.
Saw a dolphin this morning swimming lazily by giving me enough time to grab my camera and try for a photo. 
Only a fin but my best photo so far. The photo below shows how close they come to land.
At the moment wet days mean sewing days and that's what happened today. While Peter did a dump run I worked on the sitting room curtains. When I start I optimistically think I'm going to get the whole job done in a day and then half-way through I realise the afternoon is nearly over. Today I sewed up the hem of the lining of one curtain and added an extra strip of fabic to the bottom of the actual curtain. I've cut it so that there's a hem allowance but haven't yet turned up that hem. I've found that with my less than accurate work it's best for me to hang the curtain and mark off the required length in situ. I'm hoping that the join is level and it will turn out that I can measure from the join but that might not be the case. Even with the stepladder it's quite tiring to hook the curtain up and then take it down again of which there seems to be a lot as I check my measurements. Pinning and sewing the light muslin fabric is also not easy. Never mind I will get there in the end.
That's about it for today.


1 comment:

Florence said...


I started on COPD Herbal treatment from Ultimate Life Clinic, the treatment worked incredibly for my lungs condition. I used the herbal treatment for almost 4 months, it reversed my COPD. My severe shortness of breath, dry cough, chest tightness gradually disappeared. Reach Ultimate Life Clinic via their website www.ultimatelifeclinic.com. I can breath much better and It feels comfortable!