Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Friday 25 June 2021

Wet.

Cold, grey and windy and frequently very wet today. I looked out of the window first thing and saw a windsurfer racing along from far out though once he got to the beach he didn't go back in the water. A kitesurfer was also out but he didn't get further than into the shallows where he battled with his sail and eventually gave up.
Yesterday's heaving around of concrete blocks did not do my ribs or back any good, what a surprise. So I wasn't too upset by the rain which made it a good day for getting on with the sitting room curtains. They've been up for a while and now have secondary curtains made from wool blankets behind but I've yet to deal with the fiddly task of adding more fabric at the bottom. Before I could do that I needed to re-do the gathering tape at the top of one of them so that the two curtains match. These were the better two of the three curtains I had but came from different windows hence the slightly different measurements when I made them. Today I unpicked the tape from the top of the curtain and sewed new tape on to match the other curtain. It's handy that I've got an enormous roll of the tape.
I also unpacked another box of china and glass, washed everything and rearranged the stuff jammed into the big wooden cupboard and fitted all the latest treasures inside. The china was mostly blue and white, the marks on the back showed I have Minton and Dresden pieces but they're not of any value being chipped and/or repaired. I don't mind, I just think they're pretty.
While I was having a 'kitchen day' I made another batch of cookies. The usual peanut butter and chocolate recipe that tends to turn out differently each time depending on how generous I've been with the peanut butter and the flour.

 

2 comments:

happyone said...

Sometimes, you need a good rainy day to rest up. :)

Florence said...


I started on COPD Herbal treatment from Ultimate Life Clinic, the treatment worked incredibly for my lungs condition. I used the herbal treatment for almost 4 months, it reversed my COPD. My severe shortness of breath, dry cough, chest tightness gradually disappeared. Reach Ultimate Life Clinic via their website www.ultimatelifeclinic.com. I can breath much better and It feels comfortable!