Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Monday 5 July 2010

Alien Invasion.

I'm beginning to wind down the football theme in class and instead I've taken my inspiration from a book called 'Here come the aliens.' It is full of cartoon type aliens and I've planned a whole series of tasks that the children will do and put into a book. First thing was to create the aliens. I let the children loose with some bright plasticine and as many 'bits' as I could find.
I'd found a bag of these foam hands and feet in a box of donated stuff from a firm that was closing down and I knew they would come in useful one day. I took photos of all the aliens as next week they'll be drawing their own backgrounds and collaging on small photos of their aliens. We had such fun this afternoon and hopefully the children's' imaginations will be stimulated and they'll produce some great work.

I was in an especially good mood this morning as I'd made up for last week's blip and lost 3lbs this week. Had my usual treats today, it's surprising how tasty plain boiled potatoes with dill herrings are. White chocolate is today's sweet treat. Off now to do more planning so I can get ahead of myself. Wednesday will be an extra late night at school as it is an open evening for the parents to look around the class and to look at their children's work.

No comments: