Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Thursday 8 July 2010

Happy 60th Birthday Peter.

I think Peter was both surprised and pleased when he opened his present this morning. I've booked us a long weekend on Lundy which is something we've always wanted to do. Romas and Vicky came down this afternoon and will be coming along to Lundy with us. I met them all after school at the Reform where they were enjoying a game of pool. Then it was down to Woolacombe for a meal at The Red Barn made even more enjoyable by the view across to Lundy. I had a seafood platter (cod, plaice & squid) with a salad and Peter tucked into lamb kleftika.

Afterwards Romas and Vicky went for a walk along the beach and scramble over the rocks while Peter and I had a more sedate walk on the cliff top.
It was a fairly warm evening and there were a fair number of surfers in the water hoping to catch a wave. Lots of people come to the beach in the evenings, maybe because the parking on the road is free after 6.00.
Peter is now finishing off his birthday by watching Pulp Fiction with Vicky and Romas while I plan tomorrow's work for 2 classes. How did that happen?

3 comments:

Catching the Magic said...

Awww Happy 60th Peter! What a fab surprise and looks like a great Birthday. Ruta I love your photos and am enjoying seeing the sunshine through them (as it's been hiding from us this week!). x

happyone said...

Happy Birthday to Peter!! :-)

Elora said...

Happy Birthday, Peter, from the heart of the Appalachian Mountains in West (by God) Virginia! From my vantage point, you're definitely a "youngster" but I can attest to the fact that 65's not bad either. Loving every minute, I am! Wishing you the best!

Elora

PS--Ruta...

I suffered a huge surge to my computer which put it out of commission from Thursday to now. Had to have my computer man come out to the house and replace the modem as well as the UPS (uninterrupted power supply battery pack--which should have protected it, but apparently didn't.) Nothing got fried and I am back! Talk to you soon.