Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Friday 2 July 2010

Hare Today .....

I've been seeing a lot of wildlife on my drives to and from work these days. This morning once again I surprised a hare just before Oakwill and the same thing happened on the way home by the Lewis' farm. As I was driving slowly behind the hare I frantically scrabbled in my bag for my camera, turned it on with my left hand and as the hare shot into a field I came to a halt, sunglasses up and snatched a quick couples of photos through the car window. In the first one the hare was crouched down in the grass pretending not to be there & in the second it decided to make a run for it. Up here in the hills I see many more hares, especially running along the roads, than rabbits. This morning I also saw several buzzards perched on top of the telegraph poles drying out after the wet night. One was actually sitting with its wings held half open to dry the feathers.Friday is my day with the older children and we had a fairly relaxed time. It's the school Summer Fayre tomorrow and one of the PTA had asked if the children could make and colour cones for pop corn to be sold in. I managed to include the activity in a maths lesson where we were investigating ways of making 3-d shapes from 2-d materials. Stayed late again, mainly working on my classroom displays.
Warm but overcast today let's hope that it stays dry for the Summer Fayre tomorrow.

1 comment:

Domestic Executive said...

I like the pic of the hare - it looks like an Alice in Wonderland moment.