Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Thursday 1 July 2010

Alone at last!

The final chick has left the nest, at least for the time being. Peter drove Linas down to Plymouth today with all his worldly possessions. Unlike the student lodgings that I've been used to depositing my youngsters at it is a very nice house in a pleasant area. Here's hoping that Linas finds permanent work , he already knows the area and has friends there from when he spent his final year of uni in Plymouth. Just had a phone call from Linas, not because he misses his mum but he's realised he's short of cash till Monday. Bank of Mum again!
The weather has definitely changed, lots of rain but unusually high temp. Tomorrow's waves are supposed to be 4-5ft. I can't wait to get into the water though 2-3ft is enough for me to body board. Last year I couldn't go in the sea all summer because of my eye surgery but once school ends I might go in the evenings (when you don't have to pay £5 to park).
The garden is a riot of colour at the moment but after all this rain I expect that everything will be flopped down and messy. The rain is welcome as the lawns need some water, I did notice some bare patches last time I was mowing.
Better go off now and type up my teaching plan for tomorrow and try and sort out next week as well.

No comments: