Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Sunday 4 July 2010

An Evening Stroll.

For most of the day I've been alternating between lesson planning for school and cleaning Linas' bedroom. When I got fed up with one I switched to the other. I was about to give myself a break by doing some weeding when it started raining which continued for most of the day. By the evening I'd done all this week's planning (and some of next week's) and made a good start on Linas' room. The rain had stopped and so I took myself off for a good long walk, about 3 miles I think. Instead of my usual route down to Ashelford Corner I headed in the opposite direction to Bowden Corner and down towards Bowden Farm. I passed 4 cottages on my route, 3 of which are the homes of some of my WI (Womens' Institute) friends.
I carried on until the lane became a track which splits in two with Rookbear Lane leading down to Muddiford.

I had decided to go this way so that I could get a glimpse of the sea but it was a little misty and Appledore was barely visible across the estuary.

At that point I could have completed the circuit by taking the footpath that leads over the fields but the grass was very wet and my feet would soon have been soaked.

So instead I turned back on myself and strode out over the hard surface of the lane making last minute school plans in my head. Every now and again the deliciously sweet scent of the wild honeysuckle growing in the hedge would waft my way.
The final leg of the journey was brightened by the sun shining through a hole on the cloud cover creating this beautiful colour contrast between the newly cut silage field and the brooding grey of the sky.

No comments: