Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Saturday 3 July 2010

Fayre Plumbed Out.

The weather has been up and down today. Warm first thing, then as I drove into town early it began to rain - not good news when you're wearing flip-flops and a vest top. Luckily the rain held off then it was hot then rain threatened but never came. My morning trip into town yielded some rush storage baskets which I plan to use in school but will come home with me when I'm no longer full-time as they were expensive. Also bought as a treat for myself were a set of solar powered lights. I do like solar powered lights and we have some useful stick lights by the steps down on to the front patio. These new ones are simply ornamental, a clump of small globes on bendy metal stalks. I'm trying to stay awake until dark so I can see how they look.Cowslip by the pond.
Later it was back into town again for the school Summer Fayre. Linas was already there helping out as he'd arrived earlier on the train. I was rostered to help with the barbecue for an hour but ended up slicing rolls etc for over two. There was some temptation to try the wares as the burgers were giant 'butcher made' burgers, not those rubbery excuses for meat you get in the supermarket freezers but I resisted. I stuck with some fresh strawberries and several kernels of popcorn that I filtched from the popcorn stall as I walked past. Peter was at the fayre for a while until he snuck off to the Reform to watch Germany v Argentina. Now feeling very tired and heading off to bed after yet another football match has finished.

1 comment:

Domestic Executive said...

Glad that the Fayre went well - I do admire your self control with all the goodies around!