Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Wednesday 6 April 2011

Cake For Tea.

It was roasting hot this afternoon as I sat in the staffroom with a pile of work to mark. To tempt me from my task were 2 luscious cakes baked for us by our ex-Head teacher as after OFSTED/end of term treat. I will admit to having an extra slice of the coffee cake halfway through the afternoon. We are all keeping our fingers crossed that the good weather lasts into our Easter Holiday which starts on Saturday. I have got a few garden jobs planned though I will try and have a rest as well. Even though I didn't get home until 6.00 the evening was nice enough for me to spend an hour and a half cutting grass and then taking off a few more branches from the leylandii. Something I do need to do is to tidy up the paths on the hillside as the winter flowering heathers are creating a lovely splash of colour up there. Finally a shot of my classroom before the children wore their amazing creations for the Easter Bonnet Parade.

2 comments:

Elora said...

Lovely! All of it! Including your classroom, Ruta! You are so amazing.

Elora

happyone said...

What a great looking classroom. So nice and colorful and interesting looking.
I'd have loved to be a student there when I was a kid. : )