Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Saturday 23 April 2011

A Garden Day.

Another almost perfect day. Not quite as hot as recent days but 20C is fine by me. Yesterday had been very peaceful and quiet here in the valley which felt right for Good Friday but today there were the usual cars going to and from the stables next door and everything felt busier. Peter went off to row with the gig club which he loves doing and I spent my time out in the garden. I daren't try rowing until my back is sorted and although it has been offered I don't fancy just sitting in the cox's position. On his return Peter cooked up another barbecue, home-made sausages (Fred's not Peter's) which were very garlicky (good thing I'm not back to work for a few days) but tasty. Fred is our builder who also has an interest in cooking. His partner works at the same place as Peter so she car shares with him which is 'greener' and helps with his petrol costs and there is another lady who travels with them 3 times a week. The company encourages car sharing, it probably ticks some government environmental requirement. Before we had children we rode bikes in London avoiding the horrendous overcrowding on public transport or the high cost of running and parking a car. Here in Devon though the very hilly terrain and the frequently wet weather do not make going to work on a bike very appealing even though it is only 6 miles to work which was the same as my bike journey in London. It is a shame because when you think about it bikes are fantastic, minimal running costs and you keep yourself fit at the same time. Perhaps I'll get my bike sorted out for the summer ......... maybe.

No comments: